TalkTechnology has a strong philosophical basis as outlined by Tania.
- It is important that we know who is behind Talk Technology so we are transparent about where the funds go and to be sure there is no conflict of interest between the organisation and the presentations.
- TalkTechnology has a social conscience and donates profits to an organisation that strives to make the world a better place and uses technology to deliver that message.
- A team made up of Education, Business and Industry representatives builds the program and ensures that the needs of all sectors are covered in a fun learning environment to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Education delegates all receive a certificate for their continuing professional development.
We were away.
I explained the format behind TalkTechnology: a major topic, in June we focussed on Mobility; addressed in 3 strand: personal, professional and industry.
I introduced our twitter hash tag - #TTJune and invited all our guests to take notes and to post the key points to twitter using this #. After the event we can relive the event through the hash tag.
He told wonderful stories about mobility impacting the learning across the state. He had great video to share with us. I noted many big points from Gawain including:
- The success of the programs require three things - The Cloud, A Mobile Device and Willingness. Never forget willingness.
- Gawain works for the Department of Education and Child Development - these projects surely show the commitment to child development.
It makes sense. Back then every factory needed its own power source. Today power is centralised. Now we all want our own storage. Cloud means we can move to centralised storage. We enjoyed Tristan’s view of the fringe, as the fringe encroaches on us day by day.
Our Final speaker for the evening was Viano Jaksa, about.me/viano_jaksa who addressed mobility from a personal perspective. Viano’s trip back in time entertained us all. His perspective on mobility for us in our work life as well as our personal life was a delight as shown through the twitter comments.
Tania finished the evening with a few thank yous and an invitation to look out for the next Talk Technology later in the year.
Talk Technology number 1 was a big success. All involved enjoyed drawing it together. We look forward to the next topic for discussion in September.